Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Family fun....

A few days ago Randall told me he wanted to go out on the lake with our boat.  I sort of was annoyed because I  started thinking of everything I would have to do to get ready!  I felt like I needed to plan everything out and get it "just so" before we went!  Never mind the fact that I needed to be up on the school room organizing it for the year!  I just simply didn't think I could get it done.  Randall told me not to worry about anything and that he would plan the trip.  Well......that didn't set well with me either, I didn't want to get stuck eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, snacks and supper!!!!  So I told him I would plan it with his help!  He said "KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!"  So we planned a very simple lunch, I bought cookies instead of making them (because of the lack of time)  We Bought a few other snacks and fruit then went on a boat ride!!!  I didn't really want to go because of the possibility of something happening to one of the girls or Randall while I was driving the boat or........  I kept making excuses in my head why we should not go!  Why when years ago I would have jumped at every chance to go?  Any way we went and the girls all Knee-boarded (for the first time) except for miss Annie, (she tubed with her daddy)!  Randall got to knee board and we had my brother with us so the trip was special!  The whole day was so much fun!!!    At the end of the day the girls were in their jammies ready to go back to  the dock, Alexa was all kicked back in the front of the boat and she said " This is the best life" (with the biggest grin ever)  The point is that everything was simple!  Randall is right most of the time I think to hard or try to make the most of something with a fancy dessert or "fun food" but what sticks in our minds isn't the food we took or the extravagance of a well planned trip, but the simple things like just being together!  Creating memories that no one will forget!!!  Bless  someone today with a simple act of kindness!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I feel that way as well Becky but Mark and I just got back from a well deserved trip to Michigan at Lamonie Beachlers cottage. It was fantastic and i did over pack but all in all the girls had a blast i got to relax for once and well i think we will do it again next yr but i think i might do it more "SIMPLE" nice read thanks for sharing it is nice to know i am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for sharing:)! This reminds me of our little family and how I always have to have everything rightly planned out and put together. This story of truth is such an encouragement to live simple and let go. Thanks so much, looking forward to being stretched and my family enjoying good times ahead!
    Blessings:) Priscilla

    ReplyDelete